Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Band Names

Some exciting things are happening in my musical realm. My band has been having killer practices full of jams and the hits just keep on rolling out of us. The other thing is that we are ready to go to the studio and start playing gigs. Here is the problem: we have not a name. If anyone has a suggestion they would like to throw our way (or a few), it would be greatly appreciated. Here is what we have thought of so far.
Mercury Morris.
I know he was a football player but his name would make a really good band name. We would not be naming our band after him, just using his nomenclature. Concerns include: none of us are really football fans and thus we are in no way paying homage to him, and i heard he is kind of a jerk. I don't know if i really want to be associated with him. But his name is so cool.
Reggae Pegasus.
Man, this one has been floating around for a while and i really like it. It even comes with a no-brainer mascot/logo. Also no one has come up with it thus far, at least not on myspace. Concerns include: we dont play reggae music nor are we enthusiasts of the ways of the Rastafarian. I would hate to be misleading in that regard and i don't want people to think that we are reggae. Sure rolls off the tongue though.
Thats all we got so far. Please, please, please let me know if you have anything.
Please.

2 comments:

gabriel said...

Allright, dude... I've been collecting things that I think are cool band names over the past few years. Actually... I don't want to share them. But you guys are important to me... so...

Ideas related to knowing you:
Chili Dog Binge
iBand
Ear Destroyers

Ideas relating to being iconoclastic:
Style Sinner
Hedon
Hedon Bent
Subversive Bent
The Contenders (...like Jacob contending with God)

Random ideas:
Frosty the Taxman
Pseudo-Random
PRNG (you can pronounce it "pring," but it stands for Pseudo-Random Number Generator)
J-K Flip Flops (A J-K Flip Flop is the basic building block of memory chips... but it sounds kind of cool.)

Hope it helps!

Peace,
Gabriel

Steve said...

Ha ha! iband, the contenders, frosty the taxman. Those made me smile.