Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More of the tippety top...

Oh... you thought i was done? No sir. Here is the stuff that i listened to in college that changed me a lot. It was the stuff that took me out of the safe place (4/4) and into the odd (7/8). If you will...

Preface: Jacob and Dan may or may not be real people.

College: These are albums that remind me of my time in college. Great times.
1. Muse, Absolution.
This album is like nothing i have ever heard before. I was in Jacob and Dan's dorm the first time i heard it. Jacob pointed out the alternating clap and snap... destroyed me.




2. The Secret Machines, Ten Silver Drops.
This was one of the first albums that really took me out of my comfort zone. It was like a gateway drug to other musics that i hold so dear today.






3. The Beatles, White Album.
for about a month and a half i exclusively listened to this album in my dorm while i played WOW. Jacob never knew...






4. Moe., Wormwood.
Jam, jam, jam. The best guitar tone/solos that i have every heard. Great jams, good sound. Tasty.





5. Queens Of The Stone Age, Era Vulgaris and Songs For The Deaf.
I found both of these at about the same time. Songs for the deaf featured Dave Ghrol on drums and was the first of theirs that was really popular. I didnt really listen to them until Era Vulgaris came out. I soon realized what i was missing which is why i put these together.

6. System Of A Down, Hypnotize and Mesmerize.
System is a band that is fast and precise but weird as all get out. If you can stomach the vulgarity and sift through the political mumbo jumbo, it is really good musically. They also came out within three months of each other and put together made a triangle with the cases. Kinda fun...

No comments: