Wednesday, February 13, 2008

...come on greg

Disclaimer: The beginning of this blog may come off as whiny but is simply an allusion. Thank you.

I have been really uninspired artistically. Musically i have been doing alright which i will explain, but in general arts i have been lacking something. For instance i think back to college when i used to come up with silly little anecdotes about how i met them. Some were funny and some were serious, but all were stretching my mind and making me think. I guess i just haven't been thinking recently. So i have decided to remain positive and just do some random writing. Here we go.

I miss the old house by the river. Times were tough, but we made the best of it. That old house was good to us. It was built long ago so it had some wear but it was nicer than most its age. It was one story with a porch all the way around. We would play on and under that big porch all day and sometimes into the night. That was our castle. Our fort. Our childhood.
In the summer the river slowly groaned by beckoning us to fish, swim, play or relax. The sun warmed our necks while we splashed around in the murky water, my brother, sister and me. Every afternoon Mom would call us in for lemonade and fresh apples.
About half way between the porch and river stood a large apple tree from which we hung a tire swing. I was never really a fan of that tire swing. It was too high for me and looked more fun than it was in actuality. The thing i loved about that tree were the apples. Hanging there calling out to my taste buds. Big golden delicious apples. They always take me back to that house on the river.

A little rusty but that was fun.

2 comments:

Steve said...

very nice bro, very nice. Look forward to more.

brett tilford said...

hahaha! i love it!