Tuesday, March 11, 2008

God is good

I would just like to go on record and tell everyone why God is good.
So Monday march 3rd i was laid off. Its a good situation and i was even given two weeks to find other employment. Still a bummer, but i was determined not to let it get to me. Well from then to now i have been trying to find something to do just so i can pay my bills while i find the job that i really want to do. With my efforts coming up mostly fruitless, i was starting to get discouraged but i refused not to trust God.
Well today was hard to get out of bed. I mean i was just at the end but i got out of bed anyway and went to work for the 4th to last time. The fog was thick. Like couldn't-see-across-the-street kind of thick. I gloomily drove down the same road i have for the past two years but my mood was getting to me. I said a quick prayer as i have been doing these past two weeks and felt no better. Sitting down at my desk i turned on my computer and asked my co-workers how their evening was but i didn't listen. I didn't care. All i could think about was "what the hell am i going to do on Monday?" Well, i remembered that my sister said something about needing someone to file stuff in her office. I sent her a text and got some good news back. I still don't know if i have the job but it doesn't matter.
The point i would like to make is that even in my times of woe, God is there. He is in control. You feel Him in good times and need Him in bad times. Why? What if we felt Him in bad times too? What if we were just as excited about Him when we are jobless, homeless, going through divorce, watching someone die? I think all of these things and then the woman that i am about to spend the rest of my life with sends me this. (thanks baby)
"If I don't have something, it's because I don't need it, and it is an opportunity not only to lean on His wisdom, but to thank Him for what He has given me. I don't need to know WHY my life is the way it is, because I know WHO directs my every step."
Just my thoughts, i would love to hear yours.

2 comments:

gabriel said...

Dude! I had no idea. Thanks for sharing, too. I love your insight.

I'll be praying for you. Do you have a resume (or anything) that you can send me? What kind of work are you interested in? Are you still teaching at all?

Steve said...

Hey bro,

I really enjoyed hearing your honesty, transparency, inner conflict, and resolution. It was very Psalms-esque. Thanks for sharing man! I will be praying for you as well. Love you man. SPH